Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sheperd's Pie, the making of

Yesterday my men wanted MEAT! I made Sheperd's Pie (or as some would spell it, Spepard) basically hamburger pie
as THE REAL DEAL is made with lamb.

I used:
5 med sized red bliss potatoes (boiled and mashed with caramelized onion and 1/2 package of Shredded Cheddar (I used SHARP).
1 TABLESPOON OF FINELY CHOPPED ONION (THAT I caramelized and mashed in with the potatoes)
Sea salt and Pepper corns
3 LARGE carrots (in which I just sliced rather than mashes, I prefer them that way).
2 lbs of 90$ LEAN ground beef
1 tablespoon of ketchup
3/4 cups of beef STOCK
on top used the 2nd half of the sharp cheddar cheese to melt over the potatoes
I used 1/2 bag of frozen peas
and one half bag of frozen corn
2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce

I always end up changing recipes but took this recipe (before alteration) from AllRecipes.com SHEPARD'S PIE Vl by Jadquie








No comments:

Post a Comment