Sunday, April 3, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

Do you have any guilty pleasure?
I am not really a fan of reality TV (but do have a few shows I like, celebrity apprentice and Real Housewives of New York City, until Bethenny Frankel left the show)...now I follow her, Bethenny Getting Married? Her latest, Bethenny Ever After! Next season she will pick up her 3rd NEW show on Bravo!
What I do enjoy about her is that is very raw! Tells it like it is and makes no excuses. She is very real and relatable to me as a woman with a strong personality myself. Wish I had her ideas, creativity, humor, beauty, body, money and her energy to keep going like the energizer bunny! She is remarkable to me.

Thanks to her I picked up another guilty pleasure. THE SKINNYGIRL MARGARITA!
I think this drink is ONLY 100 calories! ( look for the pre-made Skinnygirl drinks wherever liquor is sold)

•2 oz of Clear Premium Tequila (count 1, 2 while you pour, no need for measuring)

•Tiny splash of Orange Liquor

•Juice of 4 Fresh Lime Wedges


1.To serve on the rocks, combine all ingredients over a glass of ice and garnish with a lime wedge

You have NO idea who refreshing this taste and it's so clean tasting (not all those sugars added in).

She is an author of THREE NY Times Bestseller Books:
1. Naturally Thin (Unleash Your Skinnygirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting)
2. The Skinnygirl DISH (Easy Recipes for Your Naturally Thin Life) Fast-Practical-Economical
3. A Place of Yes (her latest which I don't have..yet!!:) On my list to buy ASAP!

To read more about my obsession of a reality celebrity go to her website:http://www.bethenny.com/

Side note: I had to lose a few pounds last year due to my GERD acting up, I used her recipes and long with Alicia Silverstone's in her book titled THE KIND DIET (A simple guide to feeling great, losing weight,k and saving the plant) it is a Vegan Cookbook ... I could NOT believe how FAST the weight came off and stayed off. Thank you ladies!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of Bethenny!!! I noticed you started following my blog momshenanigans :) Thanks for following! Now I'm going to snoop around your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of hers too. She was (to me) the only real lady on RHWNYC I would/could relate to and I found her books very helpful. I enjoy her recipes and you can't go wrong with a fresh, clean tasting margarita like that!!! No problem following your blog, I enjoy it a lot!!!
    Have a great weekend!
    -Richelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richelle,

    I have been watching Bethenny Frankel new show and do find it to be REAL. She is a self made woman.

    I can't wait to make this drink. Do you think I'll forget my knee hurts after one? :-)

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. After two Dee, two:) lol
    I love Bethenny and her new show is great! She IS so real, raw and funny and hell!

    ReplyDelete