Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pussy Willows & Basil

I had to run to my local market to today to pick-up some ingredients for tonight's dinner (my twist on scallop piccata over whole wheat angel hair pasta, more on that later...). I stopped SHORT in my track when I seen a huge barrel of pussy willows! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pussy_willow

For $7.99 I could not resist the 20 in the bunch!


In the end they were placed on my bathroom floor in a lilac vase. TOUCH OF SPRING on this March 1st day of SUNSHINE (yet still cold w/snow on the ground:).

I also picked up two small basil plants in which I will plant later in a larger pot!


The parsley in my glass is for tonight's dinner!










Just how much snow is left to melt?
Taken just a few days ago (but we have received 2 more snow days since then:)


No comments:

Post a Comment