Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

A gift from mother nature was given and accepted with great excitement & PLEASURE! It was 55 degrees outside on V-day! THANK YOU! A true sign SPRING is near!!!

I spent Valentine's Day with my loves (minus one, my daughter who was celebrating with her new fiance ) so it was with my hubby and son. Often going out to eat is expensive, overrated not to mention crowed and you never know how the food will be on a busy holiday. I opt to cook to a nice dinner @ home. I picked up some Rib Eye Steaks, seared up some Scallops (wild caught of course:), roasted some Yukon Gold Potatoes and three large carrots. I COULD have baked but while @ the market eyed two cannolis and a beautifully decorated over-sized cupcake (hey, somebody made them:). The night was quiet and it was great to have that time alone with my men. I hope you all had a very sweet Valentine's Day as well.


Above: Scallops searing away

Richard's cupcake!

Rib Eye Steaks cooking up

Our after dinner yums yums

Seared scallops on top of salad greens

Dinner plated


2 comments:

  1. Some of my favorite treats there! Love sea scallops and cannoli's. I never go out on holidays either. I'm glad you had a nice quiet evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richelle,

    Yum! Your Valentine's dinner is making me drool.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete