Saturday, February 19, 2011

Forsythia

These early bloomers sport the vibrant yellow flowers that have become a fixture of our spring dreams. Their flowers precede their leaves. Border forsythias are fast-growing shrubs with an upright and arching form.

Although I don't have any now, in my last home I had an abundance of yellow clusters of spring dreams! They were great to bring in this time of year (late Feb/Early March) to force indoors in vases scattered throughout the house! Just made you feel like SPRING was RIGHT around corner!
Some people love to tame their shrubs and have them neat as a pin all edged out and looking like a neat row of yellow colored natural fence..whereas I always let mine grow very wild and carefree! They were in the back of the home of course, so that helped. What I loved most about them was they they truly were carefree, an occasional buzz here and there is all I had done. I would take new "shoots" and plant them in other places to keep the "natural yellow fence" growing longer and longer.
Bright, Dainty, Wild, Star-like, Strong...like many woman I know!

1 comment:

  1. Richelle,

    I have forsythia in my garden. Thanks for the tip. I’m going to bring some clippings inside.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete