Monday, October 24, 2011

How Sweet It Is

A friend of mine passed along the food blog below:
HOW SWEET IT IS  You may click it here directly, find them on Facebook or type it into your URL.
She was passing along the apple cider martini recipe to me (which I will be trying:)
while browsing through I found a recipe I knew I wanted to try and try RIGHT away!
ROASTED BUTTERNUT & SWEET POTATO WHOLE WHEAT LASAGNA
http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/10/roasted-butternut-and-sweet-potato-whole-wheat-lasagna/

I will say it came out delicious BUT the 3 tablespoons of butter made it VERY greasy for my personal liking (not a huge butter fan) so, next time I make it (and make it again I will) I will use 1 tablespoon of oil olive instead and think it will be PERFECT! One could also reduce the butter down the one tablespoon easily! The sage was GREAT on it...browned up all on the top. This was a taste of fall in your mouth! Would make a GRAND side dish for THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Here are some of my personal photos. Oh, and I went to two store, could not find the NO boil lasagna so I got the boil type (more work but well worth it) mine was whole grain as well, other than that I followed the recipe exactly! ( I typically tweak them:)













THE DAY AFTER IT WAS SO MUCH BETTER, THE BUTTER SETTLED IT AND
IT DIDN'T TASTE AS GREASY.

No comments:

Post a Comment